About Moss & Co
Who are we?
We are leading Criminal Defence, Housing and Civil Litigation solicitors, Moss & Co, and we’re here to help you.
What do we do?
Moss & Co provide expert legal services across a range of specialist areas to provide you with the best representation possible. We undertake both Private and Legal Aid work in all areas of the most serious criminal cases.
We also have specialist departments for fraud, benefits investigations and housing cases.
Our aim is always to achieve the best possible outcome for you. We are fearless and relentless in pursuit of our clients’ needs.
If you are being prosecuted or investigated, talk to us today about how we can represent you. We have a completely transparent fee structure set out below. Our trusted solicitor experts are here 24/7 to help you take control of your legal matters effectively, efficiently and economically.
Why choose Moss & Co?
- We are efficient and determined to pursue your legal interests.
- We are a long established firm and value our hard earned reputation.
- With over 30 years’ experience in our specialist areas, you can rest assured that the advice we give at Moss & Co is based on our in depth knowledge and wide experience.
- Our solicitors have an extensive skill set and an absolute determination to succeed for our clients.
- We offer a personal service and by listening carefully to you, we establish a close working relationship – which is key to giving effect to the best course of legal action for you.
- We offer competitive private rates.
- We pride ourselves on our service but if you have a complaint the procedure is here
- We are an equal opportunities firm and our current diversity data can be found here DiversitySubmittedData last years can be found here Moss-Diversity-data
- We aim for complete transparency on costs. Our fees for private clients are set out below.
Criminal cases fixed fee menu
|Many but not all cases will be suitable for fixed fees, this is because some cases are too complex and the evidence subject to change. Where the case is suitable fees are as follows:||Magistrates Court||Suitable Crown Court Cases*|
|Each further adjourned hearing||£250||£500|
|Not guilty pleas (one-day trial)||£1750||£2500|
|Trial each further day||£600||£750|
|Attend you once and provide a single written advice concerning your fraud investigation or other crime case inc interview in person by phone or Skype||£350||£350|
|Fully advise and attend with you at a Benefit Fraud or over-payment interview.||£750||NA|
* Plus counsels or higher rights advocates fees
Summary motoring cases mandatory prices please click here
NB: All fees and hourly rates are exclusive of VAT
Disbursements, such as medical and expert reports, are charged at cost.
If you are found ‘not guilty’ we will apply for a costs order although you will only be able to recover your costs at Legal Aid rates. In the Crown Court you will only be able to recover costs if you have been refused Legal Aid.
Crime hourly rates
Crime cases not suitable for fixed fees are charged at hourly rates as follows:
Partner: £200 per hour. Senior solicitor: £175 per hour.
Civil hourly rates
- Narinder Moss Partner, Civil litigation and advice in tenant and landlord housing matters £225 – £250 per hour
- Parveen Akhtar solicitor £165 – £175 per hour.
- Vennesa Mullings solicitor £165 – £175 per hour
Benefits advice and investigation fixed fees and hourly rates
|Most but not all cases will be suitable for fixed fees. If a fixed fee is not agreed we charge at hourly rates as below. Estimates will be provided. Fees correct as of December 2018. We accept payment by Card and internet banking.||Cost (Excluding VAT)|
|Benefits or Housing fraud investigation interview under caution fixed fee – taking full instructions at our office or by telephone, advise on documents and attend with you for one interview: Negotiation and letters after interview are charged at an hourly rate which for an associate solicitor is:
Hourly rate for assistant solicitor – £175.
|Short Advice: Attend you once and provide a single short written advice as to your prospects in ESA, DLA or PIP appeals inc interview in person, by phone or Skype.
Thereafter either the hourly rate of £175 or Benefit Investigation fixed fee as above.
|Preparing submissions and evidence for use in an ESA, DLA or PIP appeals and over-payment cases excluding Tribunal hearing. (Depending on complexity). Case will be assessed and fee estimated.||£175 per hour|
| Appearing at Tribunal 1/2 day
If you find yourself in need of lawyer that will work fearlessly for you and deliver the very best results, contact us or phone 0208 9868336.