Vacancy for Solicitor or barrister 0- 5 years qualification
We are actively seeking a committed and skilful solcicitor or barrister of up to 5 years qualification. The essential requirements are:
- Excellent academic qualifications and commendable marks in the LPC
- A wish to become an accomplished advocate. They will either have or be willing to obtain the Higher Courts Advocates qualification.
- An imaginative and creative approach to the practice of criminal law
- Excellent client and practice development skills
- A good understanding of the financial basis of criminal legal practice
- An ability to work well in a compact and friendly team environment
We have a wide range of criminal work from the most serious cases such as murders and large drugs conspiracies to substantial frauds and the general run-of-the-mill cases in both the Magistrates and Crown Courts. There is excellent cross over between our civil and criminal departments including tenancy fraud and regulatory matters. We have been in the same location for 25 years and therefore we have regular repeat work from own clients across the generations.
We have successfully developed our private client criminal work, and this is an important aspect of the future development of the firm. The criminal department is well resourced enabling us to provide a 24-hour service.
We conduct as much of our own advocacy as possible in both the Crown and Magistrates Court according to the levels of seriousness of the cases and the experience of our advocates.
Our website gives a good account of who we are and what we do. Moss & Co has thrived in times of acute adversity for criminal solicitors. We have accomplished this by careful management, excellent training and a positive working environment. We have never compromised on quality and expect all who work here to take the same approach.
Moss & Co has been established for 25 years. We have always been committed to conducting criminal work at the highest level. Find out more about the history of Moss & Co..
Salary and terms
Salary and terms will be by negotiation.
Application: Use form below.
Deadline: Until filled.