Private client fees
Narinder Moss our senior partner is in charge of Actions Against the Police cases. She has over 25 years experience and has conducted a wide variety of cases.
Her hourly charging rate is £225 per hour plus VAT.
Fixed fees short advice.
In suitable cases we are able to offer a short advice on the prospects of your case succeeding. Our fee for this is £500 plus VAT and includes:
- One meeting with you to take your instructions
- Consideration of up to 100 pages of documents
- Preliminary advice as to your prospects incluidng advice as to whether your case requires counsel’s opinion
- Advice on the level of compensation you could expect if successful
- Advice on likely costs and whether the case is suitable for a Conditional Fee agreement or whether more information is required.
Cases conducted at an hourly rate
In more complex cases Narinder will provide a written estimate of the likely costs for different stages of your case.
The stages are likely to be:
- Initial assessment and advice
- Obtaining counsels opinion
- The issue of proceedings
- Obtaining expert evidence (where needed)
- Preparation for trial incluing disclosure and drafting of witness statements
- Negotiations for settlement
- Trial conduct and advocacy
We aim to give you clear affordable advice. You can make things much easier and cheaper if you follow our tips below:
- If you were prosecuted obtain your file from your criminal solicitors and bring it with you (this will mean we can make progress at the first meeting)
- If you have already complained bring the decision letter with you
- If you wish to provide a summary of what happened, make sure it is a factual account of not more than one typed page.