Trainee or newly qualified solicitor – London
We have an immediate opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised trainee or newly qualified solicitor.
The ideal trainee or newly qualified solicitor will:
- Be experienced in magistrate’s court case preparation. Including taking proofs, client’s responses to evidence analysis, consideration of case law, witness tracing, and the need for expert evidence.
- Have the ability to work to Peer Review standard 2 or better.
- Show that they know how to successfully apply for legal aid and be familiar with the LAA forms and portal.
- Successfully manage a full case load.
- Preferably be police station accredited with experience of regular police station attendance.
- Demonstrate their skill in the systematic, accurate and organised management and administration of criminal files.
- Want to take responsibility for diary management and allocation of out of house advocates.
- Have an awareness of the financial imperatives of legal aid practice and be able to maximise “bread and butter” fee income and be keen and willing to learn.
- Be committed, thorough, and reliable with sympathetic client-care skills.
In view of the above the best trainee solicitor or newly qualified will likely have worked for at least a year at a specialist criminal law firm.
The criminal law work
We have been established for nearly 30 years and have a wide range of criminal work from the most serious cases such as murders and large drugs conspiracies to substantial frauds and general run-of-the-mill cases in both the Magistrates and Crown Courts. We have regular repeat work from our own clients across the generations.
Moss & Co has thrived in times of acute adversity for criminal solicitors. We have accomplished this by careful management, excellent training, and a positive working environment. We have never compromised on quality and expect all who work here to take the same approach. We are committed to conducting criminal work at the highest level. Find out more about the history of Moss & Co.
Salary and terms
For the right candidate the salary will be above the Law Society recommendation.
Application: Please use the form below or call Narinder Moss on 0208 986 8336 to discuss this vacancy.