Criminal Duty Solicitor – London
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised duty solicitor.
The ideal duty solicitor will:
- Be experienced in Crown Court and Magistrate’s court case preparation. Including taking proofs, client’s responses to evidence analysis, consideration of case law, witness tracing, and the need for expert evidence.
- Have the ability to work to Peer Review standard 2 or better.
- Show that they know how to successfully develop a criminal law practice
- Successfully manage a full case load.
- Demonstrate their skill in the systematic, accurate and organised management and administration of criminal files.
- Want to take responsibility for diary management and allocation of out of house advocates.
- Have an awareness of the financial imperatives of legal aid practice and be able to maximise “bread and butter” fee income and be keen and willing to learn.
- Be committed, thorough, and reliable with sympathetic client-care skills.
In view of the above we expect that the successful candidate will have worked for at least 2 years at a specialist criminal law firm.
The criminal law work
We have been established for nearly 30 years and have a wide range of criminal work from the most serious cases such as murders and large drugs conspiracies to substantial frauds and general run-of-the-mill cases in both the Magistrates and Crown Courts. We have regular repeat work from our own clients across the generations.
Moss & Co has thrived in times of acute adversity for criminal solicitors. We have accomplished this by careful management, excellent training, and a positive working environment. We have never compromised on quality and expect all who work here to take the same approach. We are committed to conducting criminal work at the highest level. Find out more about the history of Moss & Co.
Salary and terms
For the right candidate the terms will be highly competitive. We will consider consultancy or flexible working arrangements for the right candidates
Application: Please use the form below or call Narinder Moss on 0208 986 8336 to discuss this vacancy.