Criminal Law Duty Solicitor – London
The duty solicitor Role
We are actively seeking a newly qualified or duty criminal law solicitor 0 – 3 years PQE. The essential requirements are:
- Either already admitted or to be admitted in the next three months
- The successful candidate will already be police station accredited or able to undertake immediate training
- They will have trained at a firm with an active high quality criminal department
- An imaginative and creative approach to the practice of criminal law and willing to learn from experienced practitioners.
- An ability to work well in a friendly team environment
- Be willing to train as a duty solicitor in criminal law immediately they are appointed
The criminal law work
The solicitor should have a love of criminal law. Accordingly they will want to put time and effort into honing their skills so that they stand out as expert practitioners. This is a post for a high quality candidate who is committed to a long career in criminal law.
We have a wide range of criminal work from the most serious cases such as murders and large drugs conspiracies to substantial frauds and general run-of-the-mill cases in both the Magistrates and Crown Courts. As a result there is excellent cross over between our civil and criminal departments including tenancy fraud and regulatory matters. We have been in the same location for 25 years and therefore we have regular repeat work from own clients across the generations.
Our private client criminal work is thriving. The criminal department is well resourced.
You can find out working for us a criminal law solicitor on this website. Moss & Co has thrived in times of acute adversity for criminal solicitors. We have accomplished this by careful management, excellent training and a positive working environment. We have never compromised on quality and expect all who work here to take the same approach.
Moss & Co has been established for 27 years. We have always been committed to conducting criminal work at the highest level. Find out more about the history of Moss & Co..
Salary and terms
Salary £28,000 – £45,000 plus out of hours
Application: Use form below or call Gil Spurling on 07719302399.
Deadline: Until filled.